Monday, 5 December 2011

Locations, Filming Schedule

The places where I will film/ take pictures for my music video/ CD cover/ website etc are;
  • A high street:
-         I am using a busy town’s high street because there will be enough people around so that the footage won’t look staged or too predictable. Here I will film Ben singing his whole song in one spot with his guitar, for referring back to throughout the song. This will be a medium-long shot, so the guitar and his mouth can be seen easily. I will also film the first half of the video here. This will include shots of Ben busking with his guitar and shoppers walking past him paying him no attention (this is reference to the title of the song ‘lost at sea’, because there are many people around him, but he is still ‘lost’. At this location I will also film a low angle shot of Lucy beckoning him to follow her, as if it is from his point of view where he is sitting on the ground. I will film various other shots of him ‘following’ her through the streets. As well as shots of Ben and Lucy, I will also shoot a variety of things that I encounter as I film the main sequence. For example, things you might see in a busy town like wheels or traffic lights. Problems that may occur when filming here include a large mass of people, especially those who don’t want to be in the background, hazards such as cars and bikes, and if the power were to go on the camera there aren’t any sockets I could use to charge it, unless I were to enter a shop. To overcome these difficulties, I will have to ask the members of the public if they were to mind being in the background of a few shots, take extra care when filming on pavements near busy roads, and if I or Ben or Lucy have to go into the road, make sure it is only briefly, and for extremely necessary purposes. I will have to make sure the roads will stay clear whilst I have enough time to film the shot. I shall have to charge the camera thoroughly the night before so I don’t run out of battery whilst filming.

  • The beach:
-  As well as the high street/town, I will be filming on the beach adjacent. This is because it will link with the title ‘Lost at Sea’. Here I will film the ending of the video, with Ben thinking he has finally caught up with the girl he has been following, but in reality she never existed. I will film a long shot of him looking to the left and Lucy coming up behind him, the camera will then move to where she was stood and as he turns around, the audience (and Ben) will see that there was nothing there. I chose this location because I think it will look visually stunning in black and white, the effect which I’d like to add to the footage when editing. There are a few issues which could be raised when wanting to film on the beach, for example, the tide could be in. This could be disastrous, as then we would not be able to film on that day, because once the tide had gone out; the sand would be too damp to set the tripod upon. Also if I need to film near the water, I have to take extra care so I don’t drop the camera into the sea, as this would break it.

In order to stay ahead of schedule with the filming, and to make sure I get enough footage, I have drawn up a table incluidng the time, place, shot type and people included.



Day/Time
Location
Shot Description
People
Thursday 27th October AM
High Street
Medium shot of Ben with his guitar as ‘cutback ‘ shot throughout video
Ben, crew (i.e. me)


Medium, long and extra long shots of Ben ‘following’ Lucy
Ben and Lucy, crew


‘Cutaway’ shots of miscellaneous items (inc. pan, tracking, extra long shot etc)
Crew


High and low angle shots of Ben and Lucy
Ben and Lucy, crew


Pan following Ben running
Ben, crew
Thursday 27th October PM
Beach
Medium, long and extra long shots of Ben ‘following’ Lucy
Ben and Lucy, crew


High and low angles of Ben running
Ben, crew


Extra long shot of Lucy on beach
Lucy, crew


‘Cutaway’ shots of miscellaneous (inc pan, tracking etc)
Crew


Tracking of Ben to the left
Ben, crew

No comments:

Post a Comment